Canadian Financial Aid
Canadian Financial Aid

finaid canadian



Most major banks in Canada (Scotia, NBC, RBC) offer lines of credit for students studying outside Canada. These educational lines of credit are specifically designed to fund the costs associated with the student’s studies.

For students studying outside of Canada, most lenders will require a credit worthy co-signer in order for the student to obtain an approval. Approvals are made at the discretion of the local branch where the application is submitted. Students are advised to apply at the location they and/or their co-signers conduct most of their banking transactions. Credit-based loans and lines of credit are typically approved for students, and their co-signers who have a good credit rating.

Accepted students should provide the bank with a copy of their letter of admissions along with a print out of the UMHS IMED directory listing and the CaRMS Eligibility Criteria.


Ragaee Beach




Canadian students are eligible for Provincial Loans in the province of residence. (For example, Ontario residents are eligible for OSAP loan.) Students may apply for up to 52 weeks of financial assistance annually. Canadian students should contact their individual province directly for information regarding additional requirements.  Additional information may be available from the provincial and territorial student financial assistance offices:


Alberta (

New Brunswick (

Newfoundland Labrador (

Northwest Territories (

Nova Scotia (

Ontario (

Prince Edward Island (

Saskatchewan (

Click here for Canadian Provincial Loan Information


button-facebook    button-twitter    button-youtube-35    button-blog

 umhs logo clear